Texas A&M Spring 2017 Commencement Information
Thursday, May 11, 2017 9 a.m. – Reed Arena
Graduates and Undergraduates in Mays Business School
Thursday, May 11, 2017 2 p.m. – Reed Arena
Graduates and Undergraduates in Liberal Arts (Departments: Communication, Economics, Political Science, Psychology, and Sociology)
Graduates in Bush School of Government and Public Service
Thursday, May 11, 2017 7 p.m. – Reed Arena
Graduates and Undergraduates in Liberal Arts (Departments: University Studies/Women’s and Gender Studies, Anthropology, English, Hispanic Studies, History, International Studies, Performance Studies, and Philosophy and Humanities)
Graduates and Undergraduates in Science
Graduates and Undergraduates in Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Friday, May 12, 2017 9 a.m. – Reed Arena
Graduates and Undergraduates in Agriculture
Friday, May 12, 2017 2 p.m. – Reed Arena
Graduates and Undergraduates in Architecture
Graduates and Undergraduates in Geosciences
Graduates and Undergraduates in Nursing
Graduates and Undergraduates in Public Health
Friday, May 12, 2017 7 p.m. – Reed Arena
Graduates and Undergraduates in Education and Human Development
Please note the following rules and regulations:
- No outside food and beverages permitted. Concessions are available at this event
- No alcohol, tobacco products, or electronic/vapor cigarettes. A designated smoking section is available outside across from section 118
- No weapons of any kind (knives, guns*, chains, etc.)
- No unauthorized banners, signs, or flags
- No balloons, noise makers, air horns, laser pointers, or fireworks
- No roller blades or skate shoes
- No animals other than service animals
- No tripods
- No strollers
*Reed arena is a concealed handgun license (CHL) exclusionary zone (guns free zone) for athletic and other designated events. Concealed carry is also prohibited at events and in arena facilities at which alcohol is sold or served. Guests may contact the arena management office at 979-862-7330 for information pertaining to which events do and do not permit licensed carry of concealed handguns, pursuant to SB 11, the Campus Carry law effective August 1, 2016. Open carry of handguns is prohibited at all times.
- First come first serve seating at Reed Arena.
- Reserving rows for other guests in your party is not permitted.
- Complete parties have priority seating over incomplete parties.
- For Texas A&M Commencements, it is recommended that you arrive up to an hour early to ensure seating together for larger groups.
- The top three rows in each section are reserved for mobility impaired guests. Most of these reserved areas can accommodate wheelchair seating. Up to four family members/attendants per mobility impaired patron is permitted to sit in the reserved areas. These areas are accessible from the ground level concourse through the North, East and Main Entrances.